Every patient is different, and it’s important that each patient has an opportunity to get customized treatments that actually suit their unique needs. Nutritional counseling is an example of a customized service to help patients achieve great oral health, and therefore overall health!
Nutritional health is just one of the ways you can improve your oral health- here are some changes that can make a big difference:
- Lowering sugar intake: Sugar contributes to tooth decay, and it can cause cavities and more severe deterioration over time.
- Limit tooth-staining liquids: Many people drink coffee and tea on a regular basis, but these drinks can stain your teeth over time. Limiting the amount that you intake can help you keep a whiter smile!
- Quit smoking: Smoking also causes severe tooth discoloration, and it contributes to decay over time. Quitting can drastically improve your overall health, as well as your oral health.
- Eat more dairy: Eating more dairy when possible is a great way to strengthen your teeth. Not only are many dairy products low in sugar, but the calcium builds up your teeth!
- Eat lean protein: Consuming lean proteins has been shown to strengthen teeth, and can also help to rebuild enamel on your teeth that gets worn away over time.
These are just some of the ways that your teeth and gums are affected by what you eat, and working with a professional can help you get on track for a healthy mouth! While regular professional cleanings and at-home care are vital, the effects of the food you are eating can be very surprising!
Nutrition Counseling Amherst NH
At Family Dental Care, we are proud to provide expert nutritional counseling to help patients whose teeth need a boost. Our process begins with an oral exam with our dentist, which allows us to customize your counseling to fit your unique health concerns. Then, Dr. Edwards will review the foods that you currently eat regularly, and make recommendations for how you can move forward and improve.
If you have any questions about the process of nutritional counseling, or if you’d like to discuss your options with our dentist, give us a call today! We can’t wait to help you get the smile you’ve always wanted!