Losing a tooth can be a devastating experience. Depending on where it is in your mouth, it can impact the look of your smile—and even cause you to hide your smile or avoid showing it altogether. People who see you have a missing tooth might make unfair judgments about you. Missing even one tooth can have ramifications on your oral health, as well.
At our Amherst dental office, we advise our patients the dental implants are the tooth replacement option the most closely mimics the natural tooth. Patients who have undergone dental implant treatment are thrilled with their results. What follows is some of what they’ve had to say.
What Patients Love About Dental Implants
- They look and function very much like a natural tooth. Because your top Amherst dentist places the dental implants into the jawbone surgically, during the few-month-long healing period, the implants become part of the bone structure. This offers total stability. Once the dental crown is placed on top of the implant, you have a tooth replacement that looks very much like the natural tooth.
- You can eat all of your favorite foods because dental implants are as stable as your natural tooth.
- Taking care of dental implants is no different than taking care of your natural teeth. Brush and floss daily, and stay current with routine visits to the dentist.
- Dental implants prevent the bone loss that accompanies missing teeth. You may have noticed how denture-wearers start to develop an aged, sunken-in look as their jawbone begins to shrink. Dental implants stimulate the bone just as a natural tooth root does, protecting patients against bone shrinkage.
- Although dental implants are a financial investment, our patients report that it is well worth it. With proper care, you can expect your dental implants to last a lifetime.
Find Out More About Dental Implants in Amherst
Don’t let a missing tooth destroy your smile or your oral health. Contact Kenneth Edwards, DDS, to find out about getting dental implants to replace your missing tooth.